Join PHI's Pacific ADA Center for a CASp Exam Preparatory Course
The Pacific ADA Center is pleased to present training for the 2016 Certified Access Specialist (CASp) exam, designed to meet the public's need for experienced, trained, and tested individuals who can inspect buildings and sites for compliance with applicable state and federal construction-related accessibility standards.
This comprehensive four-day training covers both state and federal accessibility requirements and will prepare attendees for the October 12, 2016 CASp Exam. Attendees can be anyone preparing to sit for the exam. This can include architects, building officials, contractors, design professionals, disability access specialists, engineers, inspectors and plan reviewers. There is an increasing amount of CASp survey and report work for those who become certified inspectors.
CASp Exam Preparatory Course
Dates: September 26 – 29, 2016
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Elihu M. Harris State Building, Room 11, 1515 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Cost: $750.00 per person. Note: Please pay by cash or check. We cannot accept credit cards.
To register or for questions, please contact Toni Lee Acevedo at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email please include the following information: Name, address, email address, phone number, and professional title. If you need an accommodation to participate in the training, please notify us no later than September 16, 2016 and include this information in your registration email.
Attendees will receive:
- Overview of CASp program
Training material that includes state and federal laws, regulations, standards and codes that will be covered on the exam, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Housing Act and Architectural Barriers Act Provisions
- California Civil Code, Health & Safety Code, and Business & Professions Code
- 2010 ADA Standards, Fair Housing Act Accessibility Guidelines and Architectural Barriers Act Standards
- California Building Code, Chapters 11A and 11B
- Sample architectural plans with questions that demonstrate accessibility concepts
- AIA credit available for those who sign-in, complete each day of the course, and receive a certificate of attendance