See PHI at the Community Development & the Social Determinants of Health Symposium
July 27, 2016
Join healthcare, public health, and community development leaders for the Community Development & the Social Determinants of Health Symposium, hosted by the National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations.
The symposium will explore the unique opportunities and challenges presented by health and community development partnerships; the levers of power and influence across sectors; and how regional and national partnerships can help these two fields align to improve health, increase prosperity, and build better places.
Community Development & the Social Determinants of Health Symposium
August 30, 2016
Wyndham Cleveland Playhouse Square Hotel, 1260 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio
More information and registration.
Hear from leaders working at the intersection of community development and health, including PHI's Doug Jutte and Kevin Barnett as keynote speakers. See the full agenda here.
Learn about concrete, successful community development examples that improve health outcomes in low and moderate-income communities, and find out how regional and national partnerships are adding infrastructure and awareness to support the work of building healthy places. The symposium will cover:
- The basics of the social determinants of health.
- Concrete, successful local community development models that improve the health of residents.
- Regional and national partnerships that bring awareness and infrastructure to the strategic intersection of health and community development.
- The challenges and opportunities of cross-sector partnership including sharing information and data and drawing on each others’ abilities to reach to diverse communities.
- Strategic and public policy levers that can draw health and community development actors together to influence place-based strategies for improving health and wellness.