In California? Make Your Voice Heard on Health and Equity: Join People.Power.Change!
February 14, 2017
Across the country the movement for equity, community, and justice is growing. PHI's CA4Health believes that increased collaboration, fostering non-traditional partnerships, and tackling tough challenges together will create impactful, lasting change in California. It is in this spirit that we are excited to announce People.Power.Change!, a series of connected sessions to embody and bring this principle to life and to allow you to add your voice for change.
People.Power.Change! is designed for California residents and partners to build leadership, increase capacity, and provide opportunities to raise our voices on issues related to food justice and poverty reduction that impact our communities. Trainees will participate in a 2 or 3-part series that includes in-person regional networking and listening sessions, virtual capacity-building, and culminates in a Sacramento day of action. Participants will be part of a regional and statewide contingent sharpening and implementing strategies to advance prevention and equity in this new and challenging social and political landscape. Learn more and register here.
PEOPLE.POWER.CHANGE! HAS 3 PARTS:
- Session 1 (March-April; dates will vary by region): Regional networking and listening sessions that will allow you to engage with allies within your region to learn, share, set priorities, and take actions on food justice and poverty reduction issues.
- Session 2 (May 24th): Statewide virtual workshop on state-level advocacy and a follow-up conference call to prepare for Session 3 (week of June 12th).
- Session 3 (June 27th): Sacramento Day of Action where all of the skills learned will be applied in visits to elected officials to lend your voice and expertise to the issues discussed throughout.
There are two ways you can participate in People.Power.Change! You can register for all 3 sessions or for just sessions 2 & 3. More information and registration.
All regional packages are now open for registration:
- March 16th in Riverside CA: Register for the Southern CA package. Registration closes March 9th.
- March 29th in Red Bluff CA: Register for the Southern CA package. Registration closes March 23rd.
- April 6th in Fresno CA: Register for the Central CA package. Registration closes March 30th.
Upon completion of the series, you and your cohort will:
- Highlight and address local and regional priorities and opportunities to take action
- Learn about the state legislative process
- Learn how to connect with elected officials and other decision-makers
- Utilize a variety of methods to share your voice and stories with elected officials
- Build relationships locally and statewide
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to stand together, speak out, and promote sustainable change for health, equity, and justice.