Webinar: Key Findings from the Michigan Fitness Foundation Farmers Market SNAP-Ed Food Navigator Pilot Project
June 22, 2017
Public Health Institute's Center for Wellness and Nutrition (CWN) worked in collaboration with Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) and Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) to conduct a formative evaluation of the Food Navigator Pilot, a SNAP-Ed nutrition education intervention in Michigan Farmers Markets. The intervention included: 1) designated Food Navigators on-site during farmers market operating hours to guide low-income consumers, 2) MFF social marketing messaging featuring Michigan Harvest of the Month™ (MiHOTM), and 3) experiential nutrition education programming in collaboration with SNAP-Ed partners (e.g., cooking demonstrations and food tastings).
In this presentation, we will share the mixed-method approach used to evaluate the Food Navigator Pilot and highlight key evaluation findings, including indicators from the SNAP-Ed Evaluation Framework.
Key Findings from the Michigan Fitness Foundation Farmers Market SNAP-Ed Food Navigator Pilot Project
SNAP-Ed Nutrition Education Programming in Michigan Farmers Markets
Join us for a free webinar on Thursday, June 29th, 2017 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST / 12:00-1:00 p.m. PST
- Kathleen Cullinen, PhD, RD, Evaluation Specialist (former), Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Teresa Zwemer, RD, Project Manager, Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Sarah Jones, MS, RD, Evaluation Specialist, Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Katy Bruecker, BS, Public Health Fellow (former), Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Farhiya Hajiabdi, MPH, Public Health Fellow, Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Dru Montri, PhD, Executive Director, Michigan Farmers Market Association
- Amanda Shreve, MA, Program Director, Michigan Farmers Market Association
- Sydney Debien, BA, Food Access Coordinator, Michigan Farmers Market Association*
- Sharon Sugerman, MS, RD, FADA, Director of Research and Evaluation, PHI Center for Wellness and Nutrition*
- Suzanne Ryan-Ibarra, PhD, Research Scientist II, PHI Center for Wellness and Nutrition*
- Kyli Gallington, MPH, Research Associate IV, PHI Center for Wellness and Nutrition*
*Presenters for this webinar are starred
This project was funded in whole or in part by the United States Department of Agriculture's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Michigan Fitness Foundation.