Reproductive & Sexual Health
Giving women control over their childbearing and reproductive health gives them control over their lives. Policies and programs that support girls and women unlock economic advancement, educational opportunity and better health for communities around the globe.
PHI has worked for a half century to empower women and girls in the United States and globally, through research, advocacy and leadership programs, including evidence-based comprehensive sexuality education, advocacy, positive youth development, and organizational and professional development.
Our expertise includes:
- Policy development and advocacy: Our staff are available to help you advocate for policies, at the local to international levels, that work to improve access to and quality of available sexual and reproductive health services and support.
- Capacity building: Through trainings and leadership program development, PHI can help you to build the capacity of local leaders, health departments and organizations to become effective change agents in the movement.
- Leadership program development and implementation: PHI experts launch and sustain programs that equip community members with the skills they need to become health advocates for sexual and reproductive health. We have extensive experience developing world-renowned leadership programs for women, youth, low-income populations, and communities of color.
HOW CAN WE WORK TOGETHER? SEND US AN EMAIL.
if($topic['resources_tools']) : ?>
Resources and Tools
- 2015 Annual Report: The Initiative for Multipurpose Prevention Technologies (IMPT)
- Facilitating women’s access to misoprostol through community-based advocacy in Kenya and Tanzania
- Honoring Courage: A Short History of Reproductive Health Services in California (webinar)
- Promoting the Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents in Foster Care
- What's missing from the news on sexual violence? An analysis of coverage, 2011-2013
Tomás A. Magaña
Bethany Young Holt
California Adolescent Health Collaborative
Center for Research on Adolescent Health & Development
Child Health and Development Studies
Here's How We're Making a Difference
Developing Youth Leaders for Reproductive Health
PHI’s GoJoven program develops and supports youth leaders across Latin America to advocate for sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services, resources and education in their communities. It’s estimated that 27,000 youth in Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico have received better SRH education and services because of the efforts of GoJoven leaders.
In 2015, GoJoven was recognized as one of the top youth leadership development programs by the USAID-funded Leadership, Management & Governance Project.
Forging the Path to Better Reproductive Health Technologies
PHI's CAMI Health is building and leading learning networks to foster collaborations, manage knowledge, and set priority actions for Multipurpose Prevention Technologies (MPTs).
Since the launch of the Initiative in 2009, PHI's CAMI Health has served as the Secretariat to advance the field of MPTs. It prioritizes the physical, mental, emotional, and socioeconomic health of women and girls worldwide. Looking ahead, CAMI Health aims to apply the learning network model to continue advocating for women and girls so that they can lead happy, healthy lives.
The IMPT network is comprised of members from across disciplines including sexual and reproductive health, has convened technical consultations, presented at domestic and international conferences, and led webinars for a global audience.
Investing in Young Leaders to Champion the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Movement
The Youth Champions Initiative, part of PHI's RiseUp, invests in powerful young leaders in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan and the United States who are leading the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement.
In Pakistan, one 2016 seed grantee, Ali Raza Rizvi, is using short films and street theatre in the remote areas of Karachi and Interior Sindh to prompt new community discussions about the importance of SRHR.
Raza Rizvi’s Ehsas Films is also creating new live and online platforms to discuss SRHR after each screening, performance, and posting.
Ongoing monitoring and evaluation demonstrates that the Youth Champions have significantly strengthened their leadership, and that their innovative projects are already improving SRHR in their communitiesif($services_list) : ?>