Administrative Assistant IV
Posting Number: #1030
Position Title: Administrative Assistant IV
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote, USA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Administrative Assistant IV works as part of the Occupational Health Branch COVID-19 Team to perform administrative duties, budget tracking of multiple funding sources, and clerical support. Duties include monitoring and projecting budget and expenditures, performing various accounting functions, collaborating with scientific staff, formatting and compiling reports and documents, initiating/processing paperwork for expenditures, and preparing budgetary and financial reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process, track, query, and project expenditures and budgets; perform various accounting tasks and produce regular financial reports. 60%
- Collaborate with scientific staff to format and prepare reports and documents. 20%
- Initiate and monitor administrative paperwork for multiple funding sources. 10%
- Other duties as required. 10%
- 5+ years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring budgets.
- Excellent skills with Excel spreadsheets and formulas.
- Familiarity with online accounting systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled with organizing and filing electronic documents.
- Good computer skills — MS Word, Adobe for creating and editing pdfs, online meeting software such as MS Outlook and Teams, Zoom.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness.
- Desktop publishing software experience a plus.
- AA degree (2 years of College) or substitute with 2 additional years of related experience.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.