Administrative Assistant IV
Posting Number: #307-20
Position Title: KP NCAL Team Admin Assistant
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote - CA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake and complete a variety of administrative assignments with independent judgment.
- Triage and respond to (when appropriate), general queries and requests from NCAL and/or SCAL Members.
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Director or designee, as needed.
- Provide support services including typing, copying, mailing, scanning and faxing.
- Prepare PowerPoint and other multi-media presentations.
- Provide support with special projects.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned for NCAL and/or SCAL program staff, including data entry, document formatting, etc.
- Ability to develop and or assist with the production of content for e-newsletters, PHI website changes, and other and social media platforms (e.g., Twitter and Facebook) and activities; manages and maintains website backend systems.
- Organize, schedule, and coordinate meetings and conference calls for Deputy Director, including recording minutes and post-meeting action items, as well as communications with County leadership, committees, designated committee members, and other senior county staff regarding specified meetings and conference calls.
- Conducts research, compiles said results and prepares reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Perform other administrative tasks and duties as assigned or as needed.
- AA Degree required.
- 5 years of related high-level administrative supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications with the ability to learn new software, as necessary.
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills with good grammar and spelling.
- Excellent judgment and discretion with the ability to handle matters of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Well organized with superior prioritization skills and flexible to manage multiple complex projects with minimal supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Familiarity with public health terminology.
- Ability to learn job responsibilities efficiently and quickly.
- Familiarity with social media platform content and development production, e-newsletters, website changes, and other related social media activities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently with the ability to demonstrate appropriate initiative.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment.
- Excellent writing skills to edit documents and develop content for social media.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability to be responsive to multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong commitment to positive and responsive customer service in multiple venues (i.e., phone, email, in-person).
- Ability to exercise initiative and be resourceful.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- This is a Full-Time ( 40 hours) position.
- This is a remote, time-limited position that is expected to last until approximately August 2021.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.