Administrative Assistant IV
Posting Number: #1064
Position Title: Administrative Assistant IV
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote (Sacramento, CA)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Administrative Assistant IV is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support for the Senior Vice President for Programs and Public Policy and PHI Central departments including Program, Public Policy, and Development. Responsibilities include managing calendars and schedules, drafting various correspondences, interfacing with Senior Managers, establishing, and maintaining good communications channels, conducting research, and compiling reports, processing invoices, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, reviewing, and sorting mail, and ordering supplies.
This is a full time position located in Sacramento, CA. Remote until at least January 2022.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Programs and Public Policy (SVPP).
- Manages calendars and schedules for SVPP. Monitors schedules and provides reminders of deadlines.
- Facilitates the PI/PD credentialing process on behalf of the SVPPP.
- Prepares and submits monthly credit card reconciliations for SVPPP.
- Makes travel arrangements for SVPPP.
- Prepares and submits travel expense claims for SVPPP.
- Prepares Personnel Action Forms for HR-related requests for SVPPP.
- Schedules online and in-person meetings for SVPPP.
- Provides other executive-level support as required for SVPPP and other members of PHI’s Senior Management Team for Sacramento based activities, as directed by the SVPPP.
Program and Development Department Support:
- Provides limited administrative support to the Director of Program and Director of Development including but not limited to preparing expenses and credit card reconciliations, copying, mailing, scheduling meetings, other calendaring support, and travel arrangements for PHI central purposes.
- Drafts, edits, and prepares a variety of correspondences for the PHI Program, Public Policy, and Development departments.
- Records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Interfaces with senior managers and staff to ensure important items get addressed and meetings that are on schedule occur on time with adequate follow-ups.
- Performs some accounting and financial functions: reviews invoices for accuracy, gathers supporting documentation for purchases, codes expenditures. Prepares budgetary and financial reports using spreadsheet and database applications.
- Assists in the organization and preparation of materials for meetings, including PHI PI/PD meetings, Board of Directors, and affiliated meetings. Assists in preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Conducts research, compiles results and prepares reports for the Program, Public Policy and Development departments.
- List Management: In conjunction with staff from other departments, responsible for creating and updating various email lists and other distribution lists.
- Manages travel arrangements as appropriate.
- Performs office management responsibilities, including ordering and maintaining supplies, arranging equipment maintenance, and coordinating with IT dept.
- Sorts incoming mail handles outgoing mail and correspondence including email and faxes.
- Organizes and maintains a file system.
- At least 5 years of experience in administrative functions.
- Strong computer skills in a variety of software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat) for word processing, database management, spreadsheets, and presentation/graphics.
- Extensive experience using online meeting tools including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and scheduling tools including Doodle.
- Ability to compose, transcribe, type, edit, and distribute a variety of correspondence, memorandums, forms and reports with clarity and precision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills, and ability to communicate accurately, courteously, and appropriately with all levels including Executive Management and customers.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with management and staff (independently and as a team).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise proper discretion and judgment with confidential information.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful, using initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Ability to design, edit, and update databases to generate reports.
- Ability to design and develop spreadsheets with excellent data entry skills and ability to be very detailed oriented.
- Ability to identify needed improvements and efficiencies and to take initiative in identifying problems and resolving them.
- AA Degree required or 2 years of additional related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- This is a full time position located in Sacramento, CA. Remote until at least January 2022.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.