Administrative Assistant IV
Posting Number: #1774
Position Title: Administrative Assistant IV
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Sacramento, CA (Hybrid)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Administrative Assistant IV will work for the Center for Wellness and Nutrition (CWN), a program of PHI. CWN’s vision is for a healthy world where wellness is achievable for all individuals, communities, and nations. Its mission is to build capacity and leadership in communities and institutions to make optimal health accessible for everyone. PHI CWN’s work falls within the four primary areas of training, education, research and evaluation, and advocacy; All of which use a health equity framework and culturally tailored approach to variously address the priority areas of increasing access to and consumption of healthier foods, with a focus on fruits and vegetables; decreasing consumption of unhealthy foods and beverages, increasing consumption of water; increasing physical activity, and preventing obesity and chronic diet related illnesses.
Reporting directly to the Director of Fiscal and Administrative Services, the incumbent is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative services spanning clerical, fiscal, human resources, and event coordination. The incumbent must be a self-starter with knowledge of standard administrative concepts, practices and procedures for simple to complex assignments. The job also requires diplomacy, creativity, resourcefulness, decision making ability and reliability. This position is held accountable for the specific results of the incumbent’s direct actions.
This is a regular, full-time, remote position with intermittent in-person and in-office attendance to visit the Sacramento office and client premises to provide support for program and/or client needs or activities, meetings, retreats, and ad-hoc activities. The individual hired for this job must reside within a 50-mile radius of Sacramento, CA, and be available to work onsite as required. Some travel in and out of the state will occasionally be required.
Employment Type: Full Time.
Full pay range for this position: $27.57 to $39.31 per hour. The typical hiring range for this position is from $27.57 (minimum) to $33.44 (midpoint) per hour. The starting wage is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
65% Program Support Duties
- Reviews, edits, or develops ADA compliant content for all media published by CWN (print, electronic, web, and social media). Maintains ADA compliant knowledge.
- Provides meeting support through Zoom, Teams, or in-person events. Organizes/maintains participant contact lists, secures venues, provides on-site meeting assistance with audio/visual operations, materials distribution, and note-taking.
- Provides general administrative support by performing data entry, document editing and formatting, develops and maintains contact lists, assists with answering the main telephone line and directs callers, performs light duty shipping and receiving.
- Provides document design using Canva as required, in compliance with CWN and/or client brand guidelines.
- Provides assistance with ordering office supplies and disseminating them to staff.
- Maintains the furniture and equipment inventory system in coordination with other CWN staff and the IT Department.
- Support CWN Leadership Team initiatives as requested.
20% Webinar/Offsite Events
- Coordinates in concert with CWN management to schedule on/offsite webinars, meetings, conferences, or other work-related events. Can include, but is not limited to, assisting with site selection, ordering catering and AV, supplies and materials management, RSVP coordination, setting up and tearing down, and operating slide shows.
- Maintains registration/attendance reports, updates SharePoint folders, and uploads recorded videos to CWN’s YouTube channel.
- Visits the Sacramento office and client premises to provide support for program and/or client needs or activities, meetings, retreats, and ad-hoc activities.
- Occasional travel in and out of the state as required.
10% Fiscal Duties
- Provides general accounting support to CWN fiscal staff under the Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) Guidelines to assist with draft or review purchase orders, check requests, travel claims, and invoices. Assists with product research and cost estimates.
5% Other duties as required.
- May provide backup support to service the e-newsletter (Mail Chimp), website changes (Word Press), and other communication efforts, (e.g., Twitter) in a content manager setting.
Performs other duties as assigned
- At least 4 years’ experience with high level clerical, administrative, and accounting support, including handling office accounting principles (accounts payable/receivable; credit memos), event planning and implementation, and routine mailings.
- At least 1 year of ADA compliance experience.
- Associate degree, or substitute with two additional years of related experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with contributing content for e-newsletters (Mail Chimp), website changes (Word Press), and other communication efforts (e.g., Twitter).
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, and Teams; as well as demonstrated capacity to implement Zoom and Canva.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently with the ability to demonstrate appropriate initiative to complete assignments on time.
- Excellent writing skills to edit documents and develop content for multiple media platforms.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Strong ability to be responsive to multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong commitment to positive and responsive customer service in multiple venues (i.e., phone, email, and in-person).
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to commute to various locations around the Sacramento area.
- Must have the ability to conduct occasional travel in and out of the state as required.
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of Sacramento, CA, and be available to work onsite as required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Hmong or other) preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Hmong or other) preferred.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.