Posting Number: #1158
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote (California)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Center for Health Leadership and Practice (CHLP) designs and implements programs that build the capacity of groups to work together and transform their communities into healthier environments.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in operational and programmatic functions of the Center. The incumbent will provide a full range of administrative and program support to the CHLP including calendaring, communications, travel planning and management, and fiscal support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Event and project management: Serve as event/ project management point person, organizing, monitoring and helping program staff stay on point with event/ project details. Strong usage of Wrike project management tool.
- Fiscal/ grants management support: Serve on Program Administration team, process monthly invoices and travel claims, reconcile credit cards, and internally monitor/track CHLP’s multiple complex budgets against PeopleSoft
- Performs other duties as needed in support of the Center including calendaring support as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in finance, accounting, budgeting or other related field.
- Strong oral communication skills, including translating technical material for a lay audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels within the organizations, and interact effectively with co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions following standard policies and procedures and to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to develop, oversee, and manage workplans.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, build consensus, and work collaboratively.
- Teamwork skills: ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and support others’ efforts to succeed.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, make simultaneous progress on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Problem-Solving: ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; ability to develop alternative solutions
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet searches.
- Ability to exercise initiative, be creative, and be resourceful.
Bachelor’s degree is required; or substitute with four additional years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree or course work in accounting or finance is preferred.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, effective January 10, 2022, it is a condition of employment for all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law. Employees starting on or before February 28, 2022 will need to provide proof of full vaccination up to 6 weeks after their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Employees starting after February 28, 2022 will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.