Administrative & Help Desk Coordinator
Posting Number: #1558
Position Title: Administrative & Help Desk Coordinator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Bay Area (Remote)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Rise Up works to advance gender equity and justice in education, health, and economic opportunity by partnering with visionary local leaders around the world. We build power with women, girls, and their allies by providing training, funding, and connection to a global network to help them achieve meaningful, lasting change. Rise Up works with leaders in Africa, South Asia, Latin America, and the United States to create a future where all people can thrive. Since 2009, Rise Up’s powerful network of over 750 leaders has successfully advocated for 120 new and improved laws and policies, impacting 135 million people around the world.
Rise Up is seeking an Administrative & Help Desk Coordinator to support office management for a global organization with a remote team currently working across 12 countries. In addition to supporting day-to-day account administration and office billing, the coordinator develops and implements solutions in support of Rise Up’s virtual operations. As a Coordinator, they will help identify and resolve account, application, and procedural issues through knowledge of different systems and related processes and escalate to IT provider when needed. They will also support the team’s transition to a new SharePoint platform and provide training to personnel and end-users on new features and functionality.
This position is currently remote, although ideal candidates are based in the California Bay Area. The coordinator will be a part of Rise Up’s Operations, Finance, Administration team, and will be supervised by the Finance and Office Manager.
Full salary range for this position: $61,372 to $87,882 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is from $61,372 (minimum) to $74,627 (midpoint), based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Operations, Technology and Systems Support (50%)
- Acts as the primary point of contact for staff and liaison for IT provider, on select IT issues such as equipment purchases and fixes, enterprise account administration and permissions management.
- Escalates urgent IT, telecom, and data-security issues toward resolution.
- Maintains inventory of IT equipment and physical assets. Orders equipment and supplies in compliance with purchasing guidelines.
- Lead RU SharePoint system implementation and manage site architecture.
- Executes team-wide adoption of virtual platforms, telecom, and data-security solutions with technical support from outside vendors and consultants.
- Identifies and implements solutions to improve organizational platforms: file-sharing, calendaring, conferencing.
- Ensures office and data security policies and procedures are followed, including cyber-security procedures.
- Monitors employee compliance with mandatory data-security trainings.
- Manages document retention and disposal in accordance with policy.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Administrative & Finance Support 50%
- Assists with employee onboarding and off-boarding in relation to workstations, equipment, licenses, and account access.
- Arranges solutions for employee hoteling workspaces, home workstations, telecom/datacom connectivity and accounts, liaising with site management and IT.
- Manages office-related vendors and service contracts. Processes payments and proactively responds to inquiries, liaising with AR/AP departments to resolve billing and account issues.
- Provides support to Finance Manager, reporting on office expenditures and variances, providing updated account summaries and usage reports in support of fiscal budget planning.
- Serves as the primary liaison for corporate credit cards, ensuring cardholders understand and comply with bank and fiscal sponsor requirements. Reconciles credit cards monthly in compliance with funder requirements and fiscal sponsor policies.
- Supports staff requests for office related reimbursements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of office management experience.
- Associate Degree required or substitute of two years of related experience.
- Experience working in a remote or virtual work environment.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting and with projects around the world.
- Fluency using a variety of cloud-based applications including SharePoint, MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and advanced skills with web conference platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex project timelines and deliverables.
- Organizational and self-management skills including proactive communication to colleagues of progress against expectations.
- Creative problem-solving, with professional judgment to support cross-functional activities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; ability to synthesize technical processes for end-users to produce professional, error-free resources and presentations.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality. Administrative skills, with a focus on accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail, organization, and confidentiality.
- Ability to develop, read and understand business documents and communications.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work to deadlines, accept responsibility, and display initiative.
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively with remote colleagues in a global context.
- Office management experience in a nonprofit.
- Spanish proficiency or other language skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Experience with SharePoint (implementation, integration, or maintenance).
- Experience creating and performing end-user training.
- Experience with international non-profit organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.