Care Coordination Manager
Posting Number: #1743
Position Title: Care Coordination Manager
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Ventura County, CA (Remote)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
A program of Public Health Institute (PHI), the Ventura County Coordinating Center (VCCC) is established to support the planning and implementation of the Ventura County Community Information Exchange.
The VCCIE Care Coordination Manager will work with the VCCIE Program Director and team to support effective onboarding of new partners and the ongoing maintenance of the VCCIE referral management process. VCCIE Client Referral Manager will work with the VCCIE team to design and implement training and onboarding curriculum, with special focus on supporting the client screening and intake process, supporting workflow redesign with new partner organizations, as well as monitoring the referral activities within the VCCIE to track progress and timeliness of the referrals. The work of this and all VCCIE team members is fundamentally systems change work. To that end, the ideal candidate understands and is passionate about transforming our care and social service delivery system for improved outcomes.
This is a remote, regular full-time position, but regular in-person client meetings are required. Candidates must be based in Ventura County, CA and have familiarity with the government and/or social service sectors within Ventura County.
Full salary range for this position: $80,043 to $118,302 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is from $80,043 (minimum) to $99,173 (midpoint)), based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Screening Tool Development, Management and Training:
- Collaborate with the VCCIE team to design, develop and implement effective screening tools and assessments that accurately identify the social and emotional needs of clients.
- Work with incoming organizations to harmonize existing screening tools with those within the VCCIE.
- Maintain and update screening tools and related documentation as necessary.
- Work with the VCCIE team to design and implement training and onboarding curriculum, with special focus on supporting the client screening and intake process.
Workflow Modification and Optimization:
- Assess the current workflow and processes within the onboarding partner organizations to determine how and where the VCCIE system will impact processes.
- Work with the Technical Product Manager to document any new requirements or modifications that may result from current processes.
Training and Education:
- Work with the VCCIE team and staff from incoming partner organizations on the proper use of screening tools and updated workflow procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure that partner organizations are competent in utilizing these tools and processes effectively.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Work with the VCCIE systems administrator to collect and analyze data generated from the system to evaluate their impact on quality and client outcomes.
- Generate regular reports and present findings to management and relevant stakeholders on the status of the referrals (and client impacts when possible).
Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Monitor the referral activities within the VCCIE to track progress and ensure that referrals made are being received and acted upon within a timely manner.
- Work with the PMO manager and systems administrator to develop and implement quality assurance measures to ensure effective service delivery.
Client Support and Advocacy:
- Maintain the client perspective in all workflow design and referral management process to ensure effective referral experience.
- Assist clients on the platform (when client portal active) in navigating the social services system by providing guidance and advocacy when necessary.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with other social workers, healthcare professionals and community organizations to ensure effective referral management processes.
- 2 years of related experience in computer science, business management, public health, or other related field.
- Bachelors in social work or a related field, or substitute with four additional years of related experience.
- Proven experience in social work and familiarity with the use of screening tools and workflow optimization techniques.
- Experience in technology implementation.
- Experience with community engagement.
- Strong understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in social work.
- Familiarity with the government and/or social service sectors within Ventura County.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and emerging trends in the field of work.
- Strong project management skills.
- Very detailed oriented.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information in clear concise language.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, build consensus, and work collaboratively.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, using the Internet, and social media.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the sensitive documents/information handled.
- Strong commitment to customer service through multiple communication venues such as phone and email.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated diplomatic skills and ability to exercise proper discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and good multitasking skills.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and data into clear, easy-to-understand concepts.
- Good change management skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Good website management skills and ability to learn new technologies.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to attend regular in-person client meetings in Ventura, CA.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.