Contracts Administrator II
Posting Number: #255-20
Position Title: Contracts Administrator II
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Berkeley, CA (Remote)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
This position is responsible for the management of C/NET Solutions contracts and legal documentation and reports directly to the Program Director. This position creates new and existing customer contracts, reviews, and edits as applicable, and coordinates their review with the Public Health Institute Agreements team and C/NET Solution’s customers. This position also contributes to other company documentation additions and revisions, as necessary.
This is currently a remote position. The individual selected will be expected to work in the regular office in Berkeley, CA toward mid to late 2021.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists program staff with developing, negotiating, implementing, and monitoring contracts.
- Participates and assists in the development and revision of contracts and other documentation.
- Prepares reports, documents, and correspondence in response to requests from various organizations as applicable for contract purposes
- Participates on various program quality improvement projects
- Communicates in writing and verbally with customers and staff regarding contract questions
- Provides excellent customer service to new and existing customers and coworkers through clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Prepares documentation to provide data regarding the status of contracts from draft to fully executed
- Use current Contact Resource Management application or other application to log, monitor and track contract activities and provide reports on their status and take appropriate action as necessary to facility efficient contract negotiations
- Participates in Request for Proposal activities by providing supporting documentation as requested
- Participates and reviews company documents, policies and procedures and contributes to content and content revisions
- Four years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or 4 years of additional related experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Ability to shift from one project to another and balance multiple time-sensitive activities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Skilled in computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work with a sophisticated database system for contact resource management
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must work well independently
- Contract and grant language knowledge a plus
- This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.