Data Operations Analyst
Posting Number: #225-20
Position Title: Data Operations Analyst
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA or Sacramento, CA (Remote until January 2021)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is looking to hire a Data Operations Analyst to support operational data projects as well as assist in the creation, development, and deployment of data platforms for the Tracing Health Program (THP). Specifically, the position supports two technology initiatives of the program: 1) Technology Incubator –provide support to the development and deployment of applications as well as platforms needed for contact tracing 2) Data Operations (DataOps) – provide support towards collaborative development of data operations and related dataflows for the clients.
As a DataOps Analyst, the incumbent is expected to work closely with the DataOps Lead supporting and performing data analysis and also assist in documenting processes. Additionally, the incumbent will support various departments in performing data operations in a timely fashion. The incumbent must be able to work with any kind of data, make reasonable assumptions as and when required, and assist in data collection, data quality, and data use by utilizing proprietary database management solutions when appropriate. This position requires someone who takes initiative, is skilled in problem-solving and data analysis, and most importantly leverages those skills to help internal and external clients when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development of database solutions to store and retrieve data information
- Support and configure information systems to ensure the functionality
- Work with the DataOps Lead in creating plans to deploy software and should be able to assist in documentation technical processes and data processes
- Work with the DataOps Lead to create conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts required by various groups in the program
- Optimize new and current database systems, and assist in documentation for security and backup procedures
- Provide operational support for all Data Systems employed by the Tracing Health Program
- Provide training, support, and instruction to various groups in the program
- Perform advanced data analyses and operations related to contact tracing, surveillance, and research
- At least two years of experience as a business analyst or data analyst role
- Experience in a broad range of functions, including operations, quality control, technology, and operational activities
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Work experience as a Data Analyst or similar role
- Solid understanding of data collection, analysis and related processes
- Knowledge of data security standards and guidelines
- Experience gathering and analyzing system, data and process requirements
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Mid-level proficiency in MS Excel, SAS or R
- Experience in data reporting along with analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, business intelligence, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or related field preferred. Experience in data science or data analysis will also be considered in lieu of the preferred degree.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take effective action
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.