Financial Team Assistant (Time-Limited position with benefits!)
Posting Number: #319-20
Position Title: Financial Team Assistant (Time-Limited position with benefits!)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote (California)
The Tracing Health program is looking to hire a Financial Team Assistant to provide a full range of executive and administrative assistance/secretarial support to its finance team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides executive-level administrative support to DFA.
- Schedules meetings including teleconference and web-based meetings; maintain DFA calendar.
- Prepares meeting agendas and transcribes meeting minutes, and follows up on action tasks with relevant parties.
- Prepares presentation materials for meetings and conferences.
- Collaborates with other THP administrative staff on tasks, projects, and other communication.
- Administer all credit card tasks for DFA CC, including gathering, filing, and collecting necessary documents; reconcile credit card and process credit card bill monthly.
- Help process invoices and check requests and communicate documents to relevant internal departments; Gather and file supporting documentation for purchases.
- Assist in gathering relevant documents for agreements/amendments and other procurement requests.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements for DFA as needed, prepares itineraries, and prepares/submits travel expense claims.
- Performs other duties and financial support duties as assigned.
- AA Degree required or two additional years of related experience required.
- 5 years’ of related work experience.
- Advanced user skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Acrobat) and internet use for research.
- Ability to work as a team and independently, handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be responsive and manage multiple projects and timelines appropriately.
- Excellent planning, strong organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a good telephone manner.
- Effective interpersonal relational skills.
- Strong customer service values and the ability to incorporate an exceptional level of customer service in all policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- A proactive approach to asking questions and raising concerns.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff and internal/external partners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and program information and exercise proper discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- California resident highly preferred.
- This is a full-time position.
- Our offices (in Oakland and Sacramento) are currently closed and this work is temporarily remote.
- This is a time-limited position that is expected to last until approximately August 2021.
- This position includes PHI’s outstanding benefits package.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.