IT Operations Technical Lead
Posting Number: #1354
Position Title: IT Operations Technical Lead
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The IT Operations Technical Lead focuses on enhancement, optimization, security, high availability, and maintenance of enterprise services and systems in a Virtualized/Cloud/Physical IT hybrid environment.
The position will be mostly remote and required to work in the Oakland and Sacramento, CA offices occasionally as needed.
Full salary range for this position: $125,262 to $193,989 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is from $125,262 (minimum) to $159,626 (midpoint), based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with IT leadership to identify and address opportunities for technical enhancement and improvement of PHI IT environment.
- Improve the IT Environment through design, architect, document.
- Train and Mentor IT Operation’s staff.
- Well-rounded in IT Security, Support, Configurations, Maintenance.
- Serve as Technical/Project lead for IT Operations and Projects.
- Develop and maintain configuration management and automation.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting to ensure awareness and SLA levels.
- Support PHI production application’s, user’s, client’s needs.
- Act as technology resource for IT organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT Operations roles.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Portals, Exchange Online Portal, MFA/SSO, VMWare, Hyper-V VM Support, Remote Desktop, SIEM Monitoring and Alerting, DR Solution and Support, Local and WAN DNS knowledge and validation Support, SQL Always On Cluster Support, Local and WAN Backup Support.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Microsoft Windows infrastructure and services.
- Experience with Network Security tools, Switches, Wireshark, IDP/IDS.
- Experience with Enterprise iSCSI SAN (EMC) storage and disk subsystems.
- Experience with VMware, VxRail, Hyperconverged management, troubleshooting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required, or substitute with 4 additional years of deep IT technical experience.
- Well-rounded skills in IT Security, Support, Configurations, Maintenance.
- Expertise automating system administration tasks with configuration management and scripting tools.
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting Operating System, Local and WAN Networking, Configurations, Performance Tuning, Preventative Maintenance, and Security.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and open-source services such as Nginx, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Postfix, and git.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and contribute as a technical resource for Customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols.
- Must be available for occasional off-hours work, and available to assist in an on-call capacity, as needed.
- Ability to work onsite in the offices in Oakland and Sacramento, CA when needed.
- Relevant certifications helpful.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.