Posting Number: #222-21
Position Title: Membership Coordinator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Monrovia, CA/ Remote
Children’s Oncology Group (COG), a project of PHI, is a National Cancer Institute (NCI) supported clinical trials cooperative group, and the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to childhood and adolescent cancer research. Clinical research is conducted at more than 200 member institutions, which are leading children’s hospitals, universities, and cancer centers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. COG’s over 9,000 multi-disciplinary cancer researchers, affiliated with the network of member institutions, provide access to state-of-the-art therapies and the collective expertise of world-renowned pediatric specialists to children with cancer, regardless of where they live. Today, more than 90% of 14,000 children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer each year in the US are cared for at Children’s Oncology Group member institutions.
This position coordinates the Full and Special Individual membership application review processes of COG; provides member service to the individuals at our member institutions maintains the COG membership database and its interface with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) database; and assists the Membership Manager in other various projects of the Membership Office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the online Individual membership application process. Provides direction and support with all application, discipline, biosketch and required training-related questions. Identifies and resolves application issues for applicants, PIs and Membership Committee reviewers. Tracks a high number of applications in various stages (completed, incomplete, rejected, pending) of the review process. Manages and tracks the additional membership process requirements of each applicant. Assigns appropriate access permission roles once membership is complete. Claims new members into the NCI database and ensures data and access roles correctly populate the membership database.
- Maintains the NCI database for COG and PEP-CTN (Pediatric Early Phase-Clinical Trial Network) roster of individuals. Cross-checks data between COG and PEP-CTN rosters. Adds and removes members and appropriate roles from both rosters as needed. Facilitates PEP-CTN requests from sites and COG PEP-CTN staff.
- Guides applicants through the NCI registration account set up Assists members in determining person registration types including requests to register up and down with the NCI. Follows up on members with NCI registration account delinquencies. Works with NCI registration helpdesks as necessary.
- Assists members and staff with access requests and password issues. Troubleshoots access issues and guides appropriately.
- Processes Fellow membership. Reviews all fellow applications and determines if the applicant meets Fellow membership requirements. Communicates application review status (approve, pending or rejected) to applicants and key institution staff. Tracks pending applications and works closely with the applicant to coordinate application corrections. Handles fellow membership extensions. Ensures new fellow application data is added to GOCIQ, appropriate access is set-up and a new member letter with access information is sent. Tracks fellow members to terminate and extend membership as needed. Acts on data provided in weekly fellowship members training report.
- Reviews the credentialing screen for NCORP (NCI Community Oncology Research Program) System member site person requests. Determines and reviews requests received from the COG NCORP institutions. Assigns person requests as approved, queried or rejected. Follows up with the key institution staff for NCORP person requests on non-members. Facilitates new, withdrawal and transfer member requests with the appropriate NCORP administrators. Tracks and follows up as necessary.
- Provides responsive, quality service and support to an extensive member base including COG staff. Handles a high volume of member requests via individual email, department group email, COG Help Desk and the NCI credentialing system.
- Participates in Annual Conflict of Interest (COI) and Confidentiality Agreement (ACA) and Annual Institutional Roster Update processes. Manually sends email communications and updates member records of 200 to 500 members. Handles extensive tracking and follow-up. Acts on data provided in weekly COI/ACA submissions report.
- Provides COG new employees with the membership requirements. Guides new employees through the application process. Submits COG helpdesk requests for usernames not meeting system requirement. Provides COG web access.
- Tracks Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training of COG staff.
- Facilitates and process member, PI, and Lead CRA requests on the following:
- Lead CRA changes
- Membership transfers
- Member Record Updates (i.e. contact information, name changes)
- Discipline Changes
- Member Status Changes (Suspensions, Terminations, Reactivations)
- Member/Non-Member Role Updates (i.e. Triad user assignment, COG notifications recipients)
- Participates in UAT testing on new system releases and enhancements. Notifies the Membership Manager of any issues.
- Provides administrative support services including – copying, scanning, checking Membership fax server file, maintaining electronic files for institutional membership and individual membership. Retrieving documents by member request.
- Updates departmental SOPs as necessary.
- Provides monthly reports to the Clinical Research Associates and Nursing Committees. Reviews and makes necessary corrections and/or updates to reports before forwarding to committees.
- AA degree required or an additional two years of related experience.
- Five years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OS and Office products.
- Two years experience in a high-volume e-mail and telephone communication setting.
- Strong data skills entry a must.
- Work experience in medical, scientific or health-related fields helpful.
- Independent judgment and ability to take initiative in prioritizing work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and detail-oriented with outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Requires overnight travel to the Group Meetings (twice a year).
- Provides reception coverage twice a month or as needed.
- BA/BS degree.
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position.
- To qualify for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Our office is currently closed due to COVID-19 through December 2021. We are currently working remotely and we expect this position will have remote workplace flexibility beyond December 2021.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.