O365 Desktop Support Specialist III
Posting Number: #1277
Position Title: O365 Desktop Support Specialist III
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
The O365 Desktop Support Specialist III will provide day-to-day desktop and network support to PHI staff in Oakland and at other sites in the United States. This position will be responsible for maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting desktop/laptop computers, software applications, phone hardware, printers, and network hardware for about 150 users. The O365 Desktop Support Specialist III will be responsible for Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint user support, providing end-user support and training for hardware and software.
This position is mostly remote, but will work onsite as needed in Oakland, CA office about 20% of the time.
Pay: $31.29 to $38.33 per hour. The typical hiring range for this position is $31.29 to $38.33 per hour (with an approximate annualized salary of $65,086 to $79,722 based on 100% FTE). The starting wage is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint User Support
- Trains and educates end-users on Microsoft Office 365 capabilities and collaboration tools (E.g. Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Planner, Power Automate, SharePoint, etc.).
- Support of Microsoft Office 365 for staff.
- Maintenance/sustainment of existing SharePoint sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items).
- Analyzes the business requirements by collaborating with the stakeholders and IT Management, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Implements custom solutions that leverage various Microsoft Office 365 services.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- O365 administration and license management.
General Help Desk Support
- Assists staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Provides day-to-day IT operations and systems support to staff.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues on-site, remotely, and via phone.
- Responsible for the laptop pool including loaning and receiving laptops, repairing and reconfiguring laptops, and maintaining the inventory system.
- Performs workstation setup including hardware configuration, software installation, and printer and phone connectivity.
- Responsible for system and user administration and authentication.
- Provides information to staff on the capabilities and limitations of available software systems.
- Installs PC software, resolves PC and Laptop errors and failures, and performs auditing activities.
- Maintains antivirus and security software systems for workstations and servers.
- Keeps current the working knowledge of a variety of commonly used hardware and software applications.
- Works with the Director of IT and the Sr. Desktop & Systems Specialist to prioritize all IT tasks. Appropriately escalates issues to the Director of IT as necessary.
- Maintains fax, printer, copier, and conference room hardware.
- Works with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment, software, copiers, printers and phone system.
- Conducts basic and advanced end user training and develops technical documents for continuity and tutorials.
- Maintains copier, various office printers, ink replacement, driver installation, and general troubleshooting.
- Maintains all technical aspects of the PHI Conference Rooms located in the Oakland, CA office. Assists with meeting room requirements that include physical set-up support and breakdown, including laptop, projector, and videoconference equipment.
- Collaborates with HR and IT staff to ensure PHI Distribution lists are maintained and new hires and terminations get updated regularly in user groups (including copier, security system, etc.).
- Performs other IT and miscellaneous duties as required.
- At least 4 years of related experience, including:
- Experience with remote user support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 App suite.
- Experience with Enterprise helpdesk system administration, change management, ITIL, incident and problem management support.
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Mac operating systems.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Experience with virus/malware protection, detection and removal.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility in terms of work schedule: some early morning, nights and weekend may be required as necessary.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in remote connectivity issues, VPN support as it relates to end user desktop environments.
- Microsoft Windows network and security administration skills.
- Experience supporting users with JIRA, Slack, Zoom.
- Basic knowledge in virtualization and supporting virtualized environments.
- Experience with supporting user access to Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Familiarity with network topology, Windows domains and User management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Skilled in handling stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal and team goals through flexibility, initiative, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Self-starter; organized; ability to work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A+, Microsoft MCP; Any other certification in the IT field is desired.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.