PeopleSoft Business Analyst
Posting Number: #1104
Position Title: PeopleSoft Business Analyst
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote position in California
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
PHI is seeking PeopleSoft Business Analyst position. This position is remote with the possibility of occasional in-office visits to PHI’s offices located in Oakland, CA.
The PeopleSoft Business Analyst is the business interface between PHI stakeholders and the PeopleSoft technical team. The incumbent will have experience with both PeopleSoft HCM and FSCM implementations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads business requirements gathering, process mapping, analyzes solutions with technical development team, creates functional specifications and/or solution design documentation, and creates test plans.
- Aids in new applications solution design or changes to existing applications to suit changing business needs.
- Provides production support for HCM and FSCM when appropriate and serves as an escalation resource for all functional and technical issues.
- Works closely with business teams and liaisons with various project teams and ensures adequate communication exists at all levels to ensure project success
- Responsible for communicating project key objectives, critical path milestones, and overall project status to project stakeholders. Provides regular communication and project status updates to PHI project teams, and stakeholders
- Initiates action and follows through with project teams to identify and resolve project problems/issues
- Plans and facilitates meetings as needed
- Provides business analysis, functional support to internal business teams.
- Develops and maintains specifications documents, business diagrams, flow charts, and other documentation as needed
- Works with internal I.T. teams, functional and technical, to provide production applications support
- Builds and maintains PHI’s document repository and change management system to provide configuration and reference support
- Additional responsibilities as business needs dictate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in PeopleSoft HCM and FSCM systems implementation and support, as well as implementing and/or supporting 9.x versions.
- Strong team management skills – ability to lead teams and work collaboratively toward group objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbal) with peers, stakeholders, project management, vendors and consultants.
- Solid command of Microsoft Office and other tools like Visio, PowerPoint.
- Must be flexible self-starter and able to adapt as roadmap and priorities change.
- Good understanding of HR business practices and processes and legal requirements.
- Solid understanding of project life cycle and methodologies, experience working with business teams, requirements gathering, writing technical specifications and working with I.T. and development teams to lead project tasks to successful completion
- Strong technical project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft HCM modules:
- Open Enrollment
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft FSCM modules
- Cash Management/Treasury
- Familiarity with PeopleCode, PS Query, and Peoplesoft Workflow
- Skilled with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Ability to follow an implementation methodology and produce high quality work-products
- Experience using JIRA.
- Familiarity with NIST SP 800 series security guidance preferred
- Experience with source code revision control systems (Git preferred).
- Solid experience in designing, testing and creating specifications for business reporting; ability to use reporting tools or SQL for reports.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, or you can substitute with four additional years of equivalent experience.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.