Posting Number: #173-21
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
PHI is currently recruiting a Program Coordinator for a program focused on the COVID-19 and vaccine responses in communities disproportionally impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in California. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Deputy Director and Program Manager to provide overall support, data collection and analysis, and report preparation.
Candidates for this position should have a proven record of accomplishment of successfully implementing and contributing to complex initiatives and public health programs in the State of California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes activities in support of the program.
- Collects, inputs and interprets subcontractor data in accordance with funder and PHI guidelines.
- Prepares data for reporting, meetings and presentations.
- Develops subcontractor database and progress report template.
- Creates polished reports for program funder, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Provides backup support for the Deputy Director and Program Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of seven years related experience including at least five years of data collection and analysis experience and two years of program administration/management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, or you can substitute with 4 additional years of professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Independent and cooperative worker.
- Excellent working relationships with individuals, professional groups and communities.
- Familiarity with and commitment to addressing diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy or Public Administration is preferred.
- Appreciation of the emerging impacts of COVID-19 on health care systems, public health departments and government agencies, as well as a basic understanding of how COVID-19 is currently affecting different regions throughout California, and specific vulnerable populations and under-resourced communities is desired.
- This is a full-time position.
- This is a time-limited ( 5 months) position with the possibility of extension and/or expansion depending on funding availability.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.