Posting Number: #1264
Position Title: Recruiter
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote California
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of HR/Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter is responsible for the full cycle recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes at the Public Health Institute.
This is a fully remote position.
Pay: $71,872 to $88,073 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is $71,872 to $88,073 based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide consultation to hiring managers on recruitment advertising, practices, candidate selection, interviewing (questions, styles, techniques, strategizes and on sight participation if required).
- Build robust diverse candidate pipelines using various sourcing strategies and ensure effective candidate relationship management, including creating a positive candidate experience, managing candidate communications and maintaining relationships with candidates not selected.
- Manages the posting process for job announcements including drafting and formatting job announcements and ensuring that announcements are in compliance with internal policies, Federal and State regulations and diversity initiatives.
- As needed, screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire).
- Work with hiring manager on job offers and salary placement.
- Review new hire paperwork to ensure that the information is correct.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manages application/resume file and record retention according to company policy.
- Coordinate temporary employment needs with staffing agencies.
- Assist with coordinating monthly new employee virtual orientations.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of experience in full cycle recruitment, including sourcing, networking, interviewing techniques, assessment techniques, and offer negotiation.
- Experience using an applicant tracking system for tracking and managing candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree, or substitute with four additional years of experience.
- Ability to use social media, job boards, Internet and other techniques for creative sourcing.
- Knowledge of Onboarding techniques and practices.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills to produce and analyze metrics.
- Excellent customer service and counseling skills to consult with hiring managers.
- Well-rounded knowledge of employment laws and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.