Research Associate I
Posting Number: #115-21
Position Title: Research Associate I
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Responsible for supporting the data analytic reports for the Center. Follows standard operating procedures, protocols, and quality controls according to established scientific methods. Maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with CACHE leadership and Data Analytic Team to generate data analytic reports.
- Compiles, manipulates and manages data.
- Works with program management staff to ensure project deliverables are completed and timelines met.
- Conducts research, utilizing institution library, archives, Internet, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Discusses findings with other personnel to evaluate the validity of findings.
- Prepares technical and statistical reports.
- 0-2 years of research experience.
- Experience in data analysis in a research setting using various quantitative methods.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and database applications.
- Familiarity with statistical procedures and experience with statistical analysis software required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data analysis and interpret findings.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely and summarize research in written form.
- Follows standard operating procedures, protocols, and quality controls according to established methods.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to progress on several projects concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional related experience.
- This is a part-time position.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.