Posting Number: #099-21
Position Title: Salesforce Administrator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA (Remote possible)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Rise Up activates women and girls to transform their lives, families, and communities through investment in local solutions, strengthening leadership, and building movements. Since 2009, Rise Up’s powerful network of over 500 leaders has directly benefited 7 million girls, youth, and women, advocating for over 100 laws and policies impacting 115 million people in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the US. Rise Up, is based at the Public Health Institute (PHI), a leader in global health and development for over 50 years.
Rise Up is seeking a Salesforce Administrator to support the operations of Rise Up’s newly developed Salesforce system. Rise Up currently uses Salesforce and the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) to manage fundraising. We are in the process of building our programming and grantmaking operations into NPSP. Once the additional processes are implemented Rise Up has approximately 15 Salesforce users and every team in the organization will be using the system. The adoption of Salesforce is new to Rise Up and this position will play a pivotal role in both building our system and ensuring successful adoption.
The Administrator will respond to questions or issues from users throughout the organization and will resolve technical and functional support issues, manage data loads, create reports, review data quality, and provide training to personnel and end-users on new features and functionality. On a less frequent basis, the Administrator will work with leadership to document and implement a new business process, modify the existing configuration, integrate new applications and more.
Most Rise Up’s United States-based staff work from Oakland, CA. However, we are open to applicants for this position who are based in other regions of the country. The Administrator will be supervised by Rise Up’s Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining Salesforce instance including NPSP maintenance, fundraising process, program tracking, grantmaking and external reporting.
- Work with M&E Manager and our external consultants to help build a robust grantmaking system that aligns with the program, operations, and reporting guidelines.
- Implement new configuration as needed, including the creation of custom objects and fields, workflows, email alerts and templates, campaigns and more.
- Create new reports and dashboards.
- Create and maintain system documentation for all functional areas.
- Create and document an internal training program including each department’s use of Salesforce individually and provide live support and training to new and existing end-users regularly.
- Monitor and manage all system releases for Salesforce, NPSP and any integrated apps.
- Import and update data into Salesforce regularly.
- Strategize with team leadership to address issues within or affecting Salesforce as needed.
- Identify and provide timely responses to system usage problems and craft solutions as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with data systems administration, Salesforce administration strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a nonprofit, grantmaking experience preferred.
- Experience with data collection, reporting and visualization.
- Proficient knowledge of the Nonprofit Success Pack.
- Proficient knowledge of one or more the following applications: Form Assembly, Apsona, Conga, NPSP Data Import Tool.
- Experience working with remote teams domestically and internationally.
- Ability to practice active listening, elicit and consider adequate and relevant information, alternative arguments, and diverse perspectives.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver on established schedules, guidelines, protocols, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data and Data management systems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills that lead to productive relationships with a diverse population of colleagues and associates.
- Some knowledge of financial management systems.
- Salesforce Administrator certification.
- Spanish proficiency.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week minimum) position.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.