Senior PeopleSoft Engineer – Human Capital Management
Posting Number: #068-21
Position Title: Senior PeopleSoft Engineer - Human Capital Management
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA/Remote (Oakland is preferred)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Under general supervision; acts as Senior developer/analyst, and retains responsibility for the operation and maintenance of PHI’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System. Works closely with end-users and IT staff to identify and implement PeopleSoft functionality to support PHI business processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes all phases of systems and programming activities including, analysis, design, coding, debugging, documentation and testing of system enhancements, conversion, interfaces, reports, etc.
- Helps to identify and implement changes to PeopleSoft HCM business processes to improve functionality, performance, integration, or efficiency.
- Participates with IT Management in identifying opportunities to utilize systems and technology to drive the business priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Develops the test plan, deployment plan and training plan for a given project. Creates training material and participates with the Tester in the development of test scripts and deployment scripts.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents in the PeopleSoft platform and provides integration to external applications and systems.
- Provide technical analysis to design application solutions based on functional specifications that will meet identified business functions.
- Provides the production support effort in tracking, developing, testing and implementing the short-term & long-term solution to all PeopleSoft HCM issues.
- Delivering effective solutions on time, within budget and in adherence to development and quality standards
- Identifies data issues and collaborates with functional teams to mitigate risks by proposing data rationalization and clean-up strategies.
- Follows PHI’s project management, SDLC, change management procedures to ensure successful implementation of projects while maintaining all aspects of documentation.
- Provide assistance to PHI modules leads in unit testing, data validation, integration and end-to-end testing as required
- Provide clearly written documentation, workflow/ business process diagrams for all work performed and as requested
- Develops and maintains various business reports on an ongoing basis, as required.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new developments to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of PeopleSoft implementation and support experience, with at least 7 years of implementing and/or supporting 9.x versions. (newer versions preferred)
- Functional expertise in one or more PeopleSoft HCM modules (Core HR, Benefits Admin, North American Payroll, Absence Mgmt., Time & Labor, Self Service – Manager and Employee, Recruiting, e-Performance, e-Compensation and Commitment Accounting.)
- In-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft architecture and change management.
- In-depth experience developing in PeopleTools (8.55 or higher) including People Code, Application Engine, Portal, Security administration, Application Designer, Component Interface, Application messaging, PS Query, BI Publisher and SQR, Application Workflow Engine (AWE).
- Sound knowledge of PeopleSoft Fluid, Tiles, Navigation Collections, Work Centers, Activity Guides and web service technologies such as Integration Broker, REST and SOAP.
- Experience working with Drop Zones, Event Mapping, Page Composer and Page Field Configurator.
- Individual should have worked in PeopleSoft / Microsoft SQL Server environment before and possess knowledge in SQL server coding, TSQL, relational database query optimization and tuning techniques, stored procedures, views as it applies to PeopleSoft implementation
- Experience developing third-party integrations.
- Familiarity and work experience with fundamentals of project management, time and budget scheduling and resource allocation; formal change management procedures.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in PeopleSoft production environment.
- Ability to document business process flows, re-engineer processes for optimized workflow as it applies to PeopleSoft.
- Ability to interact with business users and management staff, I.T. operations group and others to collect/convey requirements, write functional specifications and create use cases/user acceptance test plans and conduct system, parallel, integration testing and end-user training.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial (FSCM) modules (Grants, Project Costing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Expenses, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Cash Management and Commitment Control) is a great plus.
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required by the implementation of special projects, production support and emergencies
- Follow through and leadership skills; adept at owning an issue until it is 100% resolved.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent people skills; ability to work well with multiple stakeholders; thoughtful and respectful of staff time; advocate for PHI module leads.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.