Posting Number: #1340
Position Title: Senior Recruiter
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: California, United States (Remote)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Human Resources/Talent Acquisition, the Senior Recruiter is responsible for the full cycle of recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes at the Public Health Institute. This position will partner with managers to understand the current and future talent needs and to develop recruiting strategies in alignment with business goals. This position will also manage the PHI Internship program.
This is a fully remote position. The position is expected to work during core business hours for the Pacific time zone.
Pay: $77,939 to $96,566 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is $77,939 to $96,566 based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses best practices and workforce metrics to develop strategy for PHI’s talent needs.
- Identifies and implements strategies to define PHI’s employment branding in support of marketing PHI to attract and recruit quality candidates including leveraging social media tools and representing PHI at key recruitment opportunities.
- Builds robust diverse candidate pipelines using various sourcing strategies and ensure effective candidate relationship management, including creating a positive candidate experience, managing candidate communications and maintaining relationships with candidates not selected.
- Partners with hiring managers to develop recruitment plan for open requisitions, including providing counsel on recruitment advertising, interviewing and candidate selection.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Manages the posting process for job announcements including drafting and formatting job announcements and ensuring that announcements are in compliance with internal policies, Federal and State regulations and diversity initiatives.
- Administers PHI’s Employment site, responsible for working with IT to make enhancements to user interfaces, functionality, content and appearance of site.
- As needed, screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, and makes recommendations for hire (or not hire).
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manages application/resume file and record retention according to company policy.
- Coordinates temporary employment needs and negotiates agency contractual fees, bill rates and conversion amounts.
- May research and recommend strategies for global recruitment.
- Stays up to date with trends, laws, and innovative talent acquisition practice
- Collaborates with hiring managers to plan outreach to enhance diversity and inclusion in recruitment to meet EEO goals. Provides guidance to program and Central Admin managers as a subject matter expert.
- Reviews applications and screens for minimum requirements.
- Provides consultation and guidance on EEO/AA standards and objectives.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and engaging onboarding program.
- Facilitates monthly virtual new employee orientations. May also require facilitating in person orientations in Oakland and Sacramento.
- Provides counsel to hiring managers on best practices on how to onboard new hires.
PHI’s Internship Program Management
- Manages and continually develops PHI’s Internship Program.
- Establishes relationships with local and national internship programs developing a network of university, student group, and special interest contacts.
- Participates in the review and selection of internship candidates.
- Ensures ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of internship program activities.
- Places internship announcements on websites, university newsletters, blogs, or other media.
- Conducts PHI evaluations with interns.
- Coordinates and facilitates professional development workshops for interns.
- Maintains contact with interns after their internship is completed for potential employment opportunities at PHI and follow-up to learn about the impact of their time at PHI.
- Works with outside immigration attorney on visa applications.
- Coordinates communication with hiring managers and visa holders to ensure timely completion of required documents.
- Reviews, reconciles, and approves invoices for all immigration legal work for payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 5 years of experience in full cycle recruitment, including sourcing, networking, interviewing techniques, assessment techniques, and offer negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience is required
- Ability to develop and implement new talent acquisition strategies.
- Ability to use social media, job boards, Internet, and other techniques for creative sourcing.
- Knowledge of Onboarding practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills to produce and analyze metrics.
- Excellent customer service and counseling skills to consult with hiring managers
- Experience using an applicant tracking system for tracking and managing candidates.
- Well-rounded knowledge of employment laws and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.