Sr. PeopleSoft Engineer – Human Capital Management
Posting Number: #1740
Position Title: Sr. PeopleSoft Engineer – Human Capital Management
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote, USA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Under general supervision, the Sr. PeopleSoft Engineer – Human Capital Management acts as senior developer/analyst and retains responsibility for the operation and maintenance of PHI’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System. Works closely with end users and IT staff to identify and implement PeopleSoft functionality to support PHI business processes.
This is a remote regular full-time position. The position is required to work core business hours in the Pacific time zone.
Full salary range for this position: $125,262 to $193,989 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is from $125,262 (minimum) to $159,626 (midpoint), based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute all phases of systems and programming activities including, planning, analysis, design, coding, debugging, documentation, testing and implementation of system enhancements, conversion, interfaces, and reports.
- Work with business users to understand their requirements and translate them into project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Human Resources/Payroll/Benefits/Recruitment/IT teams and stakeholders to implement business requirements and system enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency within the PeopleSoft project and provide recommendations for future projects.
- Identify potential risks and issues related to the project and develop mitigation plans to address them proactively.
- Oversee quality assurance processes to ensure that the deliverables meet the defined standards and align with business requirements.
- Meet specific deadlines by effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a timely manner in order to meet the overall organizational timeline for the implementation. Deliver effective solutions on time, within budget and in adherence to development and quality standards.
- Develop the test plan, deployment plan and training plan for a given project. Create training material and participate with the Tester in the development of test scripts and deployment scripts.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document in PeopleSoft platform and provide integration to external applications and systems.
- Provide technical analysis to design application solutions based on functional specifications that will meet identified business functions.
- Troubleshoot complex technical problems while supporting day-to-day operations.
- Provide the production support effort in tracking, developing, testing and implementing the short-term & long-term solution to all PeopleSoft HCM issues.
- Identify data issues and collaborate with functional teams to mitigate risks by proposing data rationalization and clean-up strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan, outlining project scope, objectives, timelines, resource requirements, and deliverables.
- Follow PHI’s project management, SDLC, change management procedures to ensure successful implementation of projects while maintaining all aspects of documentation.
- Provide assistance to PHI modules leads in unit testing, data validation, integration and end-to-end testing as required.
- Provide clearly written documentation, workflow/business process diagrams for all work performed and as requested.
- Develop and maintain various business reports on an ongoing basis, as required.
- Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new developments to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Perform on-call or scheduled after-hours work as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 7 years of PeopleSoft implementation and support experience, with at least 3 years of implementing and/or supporting 9.x versions (newer versions preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field; or substitute with four additional years of relevant experience.
- Must have extensive experience in PeopleSoft Absence Mgmt. and Time & Labor HCM modules. For Absence management, must be able to setup/configure/build new leave types and related variables & formulas. For a Time and labor, must be able setup & build new custom T&L rules.
- In depth understanding in following one or more PeopleSoft HCM modules (Core HR, Benefits Admin, North American Payroll, Self Service – Manager and Employee, Recruiting (TAM/CG), e-Performance, e-Compensation and Commitment Accounting) is great plus.
- Proficiency in PeopleTools (8.57 or higher) including People Code, Application Engine, Portal, Security administration, Application Designer, Component Interface, Application messaging (Integration Broker), PS Query, BI Publisher, SQR, Approval Workflow Engine (AWE).
- Sound knowledge of PeopleSoft Fluid Pages, Tiles, Navigation Collections, Work Centers, Activity Guides and web service technologies such as Integration Broker, REST and SOAP.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in PeopleSoft production environment.
- Experience working with Drop Zones, Event Mapping, Page Composer and Page Field Configurator.
- Experience developing third-party integrations as well as supporting system-to-system integrations using APIs, web services and other integration techniques.
- Knowledge of Software development methodologies and life cycles, change management and PeopleSoft architecture.
- Experience working in a PeopleSoft / Microsoft SQL Server environment and possess knowledge in SQL server coding, TSQL, relational database query optimization and tuning techniques, views, database triggers as it applies to PeopleSoft implementation.
- Familiarity and work experience with fundamentals of project management, time and budget scheduling and resource allocation; formal change management procedures.
- Ability to document business process flows, re-engineer processes for optimized workflow as it applies to PeopleSoft.
- Ability to interact with business users and management staff, I.T. operations group and others to collect/convey requirements, write functional specifications and create use cases/user acceptance test plans and conduct system, parallel, integration testing and end-user trainings.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial (FSCM) modules (Grants, Project Costing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Expenses, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Cash Management, Travel and Expenses and Commitment Control) is a great plus.
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, production support and emergencies.
- Strong follow through and time management skills; adept at owning an issue until it is 100% resolved.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with multiple stakeholders; thoughtful and respectful of staff time; ability to advocate for PHI module leads.
- Must be able to pass background checks required for this job.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.