Systems Administrator III
Posting Number: #1705
Position Title: Systems Administrator III
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA (Remote)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Systems Administrator III administers, maintains, and supports Public Health Institute’s IT datacenter infrastructure and business applications across all locations. The position is responsible for design, building, and deployment of IT systems and applications infrastructure, adhering to PHI’s IT policy and procedures, while utilizing best practices and staying ahead of rapidly changing, fast-paced technical environment.
The Systems Administrator III serves as a lead technical resource supporting escalations and support requests. The individual should possess deep technical working knowledge in systems architecture, design, implementation. Has experience with scripting, automation, storage systems, and virtualization. Leverages advanced troubleshooting skills across broad array of hardware and software systems.
The position also serves as the Systems Administration resource for PHI’s enterprise business systems, web, database, storage platforms with outstanding communication skills and documentation practices. Supports all PHI initiatives and programs with expertise in IT Systems, applications selection, implementation, performance tuning, support, training, and troubleshooting. Provides IT Technical and customer support to PHI’s internal and external customers.
This is a regular full-time position.
The position will be mostly remote and required to work in the Oakland and Sacramento, CA offices occasionally as required. The person hired for this job must be willing and available to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, emergencies, and other circumstances.
Full salary range for this position: $95,717 to $144,183 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is from $95,717 (minimum) to $119,950 (midpoint), based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently administer and maintain all aspects of the infrastructure including email, anti-spam and anti-virus, backup, recovery operations, log rotations, disaster recovery, systems status, etc.
- Serves as the key technical resource of Systems Administration for PHI’s Systems Infrastructure, business applications, servers, database, storage platforms, across ail PHI locations.
- Leads systems administration efforts in planning, designing, testing, deploying, and maintaining high available, scalable, secure configurations, of enterprise grade systems, storage, web, infrastructure and application systems.
- Responsible for uptime across all PHI Central systems infrastructure and ensuring key performance metrics, service level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Works with the IT Deputy Director and key IT staff to administer and support PHI’s datacenter, IT systems infrastructure.
- Build, troubleshoot, support, physical and virtual server equipment, operating systems, business application servers, databases, storage platforms, and other infrastructure.
- Works with IT Deputy Director, key IT staff, to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of;
- PHI’s digital assets. In compliance with business expectations and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Builds and supports complete production backups and rotation strategy in line with business expectations to meet recovery point and recovery time objectives of all protected digital assets and information systems as required.
- Assists in research, evaluation, selection, procurement, of new technology and other infrastructure components as needed. Interacts with vendors, maintains inventory of IT assets.
- Installs and administers disaster recovery systems infrastructure in conjunction with other IT staff.
- Works closely with network engineers, application, database administrators, to provide assistance in setup, troubleshooting maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Provides timely responses to PHI staff on all IT support requests through escalation or directly as required.
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed.
- Work remotely and onsite in Sacramento or Oakland, CA as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in complex, multi-operating system environment with multi-site connectivity-based data center environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, computer science, or other related field; or substitute with four additional years of relevant experience.
- Experience in implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Windows 2012 R2 Failover Clustering along with Hyper-V, SQL Server 2008/2012, and multiple file servers.
- Expert level knowledge in Windows 2012 R2, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, DHCP, DNS supporting multi-site configurations and supporting Microsoft server and desktop products.
- 2-years of experience planning, building, administering Hyper-V based virtual infrastructure, SAN Administration (EMC, Windows Scale out file server), Fiber channel switch configurations. Other SAN administration, outside of EMC, might be considered.
- Administration experience of public clouds such as Office 365, Azure, and Salesforce.
- Strong experience with Tier 3 COLO data centers and managing multiple datacenters.
- Experience with install, configuration, support of one or more network monitoring toots: Nagios,
- Cacti, RRDTools, Nessus, Big Brother, SNMP, Wire shark or others.
- Experience with SCCM, WSUS or other enterprise centralized patch management solutions.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell, or other scripting tools in Windows environments.
- Experience with Enterprise helpdesk system administration, change management, ITIL, incident and problem management support.
- Experience in installing, administering, and maintaining websites (IIS/Apache).
- Excellent organization of time and tasks, with ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Good team and collaborative skills; willing to take up new assignments as requested.
- Ability to provide the highest possible level of service to clients.
- Ability to anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action.
- Good creative, problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- The ability to use microcomputer keyboard, with 50% of work time is spent at a video display terminal.
- Ability to move, carry or lift objects of varying sizes weighing up to 35 pounds, when required.
- Must be willing and available to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, emergencies and other circumstances.
- Must be able to work remotely and in person in Sacramento and Oakland, CA.
- Prior experience with Linux/Unix administration.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Juniper, or any other server, storage, network, virtualization, platforms.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.