Technical Assistance Specialist III
Posting Number: #077-21
Position Title: Technical Assistance Specialist III
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote (USA)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
C/NET is looking to hire a Technical Assistance Specialist III. This individual will provide a full range of C/NET software training and support to customers including the testing of software, customer training, documentation, and various types of non-routine communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Software Support users of CNExT and CAS software
- Provides regular support to ensure customer satisfaction in the use of CNExT and CAS software.
- Conducts needs analysis to determine appropriate solution requirements for new or existing clients.
- Consults with decision-makers and customers ’ IT staff on implementation strategies and timelines.
- Performs Project Management duties, coordinating resources and tracking project deliverables when working on complex projects with enterprise customers.
- Proactively contacts clients during the implementation process to assess their satisfaction and/or training needs.
- Configures and installs software implemented via Citrix and Virtualization platforms.
- Assist with troubleshooting of network and database connections as well as any pc and/or thin client issues related to CNExT and CAS software.
- Understands Active Directory and user access/permissions in relation to network resources.
- Logs all calls and assigns job numbers for called-in problems.
- Tracks jobs assigned to him/her from start to finish.
- Identifies software bugs and submits FixNotes requests as well as ‘wish list’ items to Programming.
- Summarizes the reason for the call and notes any follow-up activities that may be required.
- Documents resolutions for all reported support requests. Analyzing trends to prevent any future problems.
- Assists the customers with problem resolutions by troubleshooting and walking through resolution with the customers.
- Escalates software problems raised by users to the Support Team Lead or Division Director.
- Provides CNExT and CAS software training to users.
- Understanding of SQL servers and troubleshoot issues related to/impacting CNExT and CAS.
- Applies various diagnostic utilities (Ex: Eureka Log, SQL Profiler, Edit Writer) to aid with troubleshooting ambiguous problems.
Software Testing Support Functions
- Participates in software testing to ensure quality performance of the software program.
- Provides appropriate documentation of any problems found to programmers.
- Provides end-user support, resolves technical issues.
- Writes e-newsletter articles as assigned or voluntarily submits ideas and articles.
- Provides content for the customer and public websites.
- Conducts research into a wide range of technical issues as required.
- Assesses needs of current users and/or potential users of CNExT software and any related products.
- Writes SQL queries as needed.
- Participates in continuing education classes for the purpose of self-education as it relates to job duties.
- Trains less experienced technicians and provides information to other technicians.
- Conducts training courses, user meetings, and attends special conferences on behalf of C/NET Solutions.
- Updates contact information for users in customer communication and helpdesk applications.
- Provides appropriate documentation regarding any potential customers as appropriate.
- Provides new ideas and suggestions to improve company-wide systems and productivity.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
A. Job-related knowledge:
- Three years of related experience.
- Advanced PC, server, and network troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory permissions and group policies.
- Very comfortable with both SQL and Access databases (understands language differences) and the use of SQL Management Studio.
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot and repair relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of CNExT products including registry, data entry, audit, SQL, multi-hospital, and CAS software products.
- Knowledge of national/state cancer registry practices and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of server applications, data interchange and messaging, and system security.
- Understands backup practices and aids customers in restoring SQL and Microsoft Access databases.
- Knowledge of MS Office application compatibilities and settings.
- Knowledge of HIPAA-protected health information guidelines and practices.
- Knowledge of Health Informatics, Health Information Management or Cancer Registry.
- Must be familiar with Citrix, VMware, AppV, and other virtualization technologies.
- Ability to learn and utilize supporting programs like EditWriter, FixNotes, WonderDesk, TimeTracker, and many others.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint.
B. Job-related skills, including language, mathematical and reasoning (analytical) skills:
- Good customer service and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational/project management skills.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and resolve complex software problems and make recommendations for procedures to correct problems, often under stressful and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle several tasks and special projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize demands.
C. Intellectual, creative, and/or communication abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative, resourceful and persistent.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Can interact well with peers, other individuals and associates.
- Ability to communicate well with customers at all levels of computer literacy.
- Perceives the goals and needs of the overall operation from both the central and hospital registry’s point of view.
- Independent worker who requires little guidance.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Willingness to learn information technology as it applies to this position.
- At least an associate degree in information technology or a related field.
- An Associate’s degree in information technology or a relative field.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a relative field.
- Cancer Registry knowledge is preferred.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
- The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm PST.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.