Call for Applications in California: Gender Equity Initiative
November 06, 2018
PHI's Rise Up is thrilled to launch a call for applications for the Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) in California! We invite applications from civil society, grassroots, and non-profit organization leaders based in 14 counties in California to participate in Rise Up’s intensive Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator Workshop and be part of the first cohort of Rise Up leaders in California. GEI is a non-stipended program offering selected leaders the opportunity to:
- Participate in the no-cost weeklong residential Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator workshop between April 8-14, 2019 to strengthen their skills in girl and women-centered advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere.
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 and 60 years old. All genders welcome!
- Be current residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Madera, Merced, Monterey, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and Stanislaus counties in California.
- Have a personal interest and commitment to promoting changes in government systems, programs, laws and policies affecting economic and educational opportunities, human rights, social justice and equity, health, and welfare of women and girls in the counties.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Girls’ Education
- Youth Development
- Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Gender equity
- Human rights/immigrant rights
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Community mobilization & development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Women’s civic engagement and political participation
- Racial justice
- Environmental justice and climate change
- Work at a non-profit organization, NGO, grassroots organization, media or government organization at a level of coordination or management and have some level of decision-making power.*
- Have the support of the leadership of the organization to participate in a training week from April 8-14, 2019.
*To be eligible to receive a grant, your organization/ network – or fiscal sponsor – must be registered as a 501c3 organization.
There is no cost to apply or participate in Rise Up’s GEI. Learn more about the Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) here.
Interested qualified applicants should complete the downloadable application form below and email it on or before February 1, 2019 to email@example.com with cc Chantal Hildebrand, Rise Up’s Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: February 15, 2019