Online Training Hub for Community Health Workers
Community Health Workers (CHW) are frontline health workers and trusted leaders who have a unique understanding of the needs of the communities they serve. CHWs serve as an intermediary between health service, social services, and community members. On behalf of community residents, they advocate for change, build knowledge and self-sufficiency, and increase access to quality and culturally competent services.
The Northern ACEs Collaborative, a project of PHI’s Population Health Innovation Lab, has created a training hub which offers CHW training through online, self-paced courses in three learning branches: core skills, healthy living, and chronic illness.Learn more & Get started
Expand your knowledge with these courses to guide and support patients in healthy living.
Learn essential skills to provide social support for your patients to help them get the treatment they need and to guide and support them in healthy eating, and regular exercise, and making use of available family-planning services.
- Courses include: Behavioral Health Care; Depression and Anxiety: Help Others Cope; Promoting Healthy Lifestyles; Substance Use; Supporting Tobacco Cessation.
Expand your knowledge of core skills with these courses geared towards people who are new to community health work, and for teams at any experience level who want standardized training.
Learn essential skills for communicating with, and advocating for, people from a variety of backgrounds.
Obtain tools, such as health coaching and motivational interviewing, to help boost health literacy in your communities.
- Courses include: Advocacy Skills; Care Coordination and System Navigation; Communication Skills; Community Outreach and Engagement; Cultural Competency; Health Literacy: A Start; Introduction to the Newest Vital Sign; Navigating Health Insurance; Promoting Healthy Lifestyles; Providing Social Support; Teaching Skills; What is a CHW? Roles and Boundaries.
Expand your knowledge on the basics of chronic diseases, what they are and how they affect the patients who suffer from them, with these courses.
Learn essential skills to help your patients navigate a path to diagnosis, treatment, and self-management of chronic conditions such as diabetes; hypertension; asthma and other lung conditions; HIV; and chronic substance use.
- Courses include: Diabetes and Prediabetes; Oral Health Disparities.
Who Should Enroll?
- Individuals or teams who are interested in becoming a community health worker, and
- Individuals or teams who want standardized training in community health worker core skills, healthy living, and/or chronic illness
What Is Included?
- 24/7 access to your online courses
- Convenient learning pace: access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device
- Certificate of completion: download a personalized certificate when you successfully complete a course
Individual courses start at $100. Discounts are available for multiple registrants from the same organization. People from all levels of experience are encouraged to sign up.