CACHE Administrative Assistant
Posting Number: #1523
Position Title: CACHE Administrative Assistant
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the CACHE program. The incumbent may research and compile special reports, take messages, schedule appointments, set up and maintain files, order office supplies, review and respond to Director’s email, create documents and spreadsheets, and proofread.
This is a part-time position at 50% FTE with the possibility of increasing time.
Full pay range for this position: $22.47 to $31.31 per hour. The typical hiring range for this position is from $22.47 (minimum) to $26.89 (midpoint) per hour. The starting wage is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules conference calls and other meetings.
- Coordinates and Manages calendar of the Director’s; sets and reschedules meetings appointments.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings by preparing the agendas and providing logistical support (including reservations and facility arrangements).
- Prepares correspondences.
- Organizes and maintains Program file system.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations and travel and check requested.
- Tracks credit card expenses.
- Conducts researches, compiles the results and prepares reports.
- Prepares minutes of meetings.
- Provides copies of documents and other materials, as requested.
- May handle incoming and outgoing email correspondence for the CACHE Director.
- Orders supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to travel on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- High School diploma.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficient computer skills – Word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
- Good attention to details.
- Exercises initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates professionalism within and outside of the organization.
- Plus, if you have a strong IT background.
- College degree preferred.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.