Program Administrator II
Posting Number: #284-20
Position Title: Program Administrator II
Closing Date: Until Filled
The position is responsible for the day to day administrative operations and planning in support of the Tracing Health program. Responsible for assisting the Program Director and Program Manager in the operational management of the program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes activities in support of the program.
- Sources vendors for specific program needs.
- Event Planning and Support: coordination of presenters, development of agendas, day-of event coordination.
- Program Support: preparation of reports and communications materials, support for social media and public relations.
- Serves as human resources liaison with PHI HR. Manages personnel issues, such as job postings, screening applicants, participates in interviews, oversees performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, terminations, and training.
- Acts as a liaison between subcontractors and other agencies, as necessary.
- Participates in change management and communication processes for the Tracing Health Program.
- Participates in restructuring and redeployment.
- Assists with HR Program Process Improvement.
- Maintains good working relationships with hiring managers and supports them in the development of a recruitment plan (advertising, interviewing and selection).
- Monitors open positions in the Applicant Tracking System (PeopleAdmin) at various stages of the recruitment life cycle, ensuring an optimal candidate experience and data integrity.
- Qualifies and screens candidates (by phone or in person) on behalf of hiring managers.
- In coordination with PHI HR, coordinates reference checks using automated reference checking software (SkillSurvey) and coordinate background checks through PHI HR.
- Responds to candidate inquiries.
- Frequently communicates with hiring managers regarding the status of each position.
- Enters, tracks, and prepares weekly reports on data related to recruitment, hiring, and onboarding.
- Generates new employee paperwork, PAF, hiring documentation, etc. to be processed by PHI HR.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of related experience.
- Good knowledge human resources and recruitment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Independent and cooperative worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent working relationships with individuals, professional groups and communities.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy or Public Administration preferred.
- This is a Full-Time (40 hour) position.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.