Applications Now Open for NLAPH, the National Leadership Academy for the Public’s Health
From chronic disease prevention and disaster preparedness to safe streets and food security, evidence-based program helps you address a wide range of public health challenges and create lasting change.
Applications are open for PHI’s Center for Health Leadership & Impact’s National Leadership Academy for the Public’s Health (NLAPH). Multi-sector teams are now invited to apply to NLAPH and transform their collective impact. Receive training and tools to effectively address today’s needs and face tomorrow’s challenges.
Participation in NLAPH is free, including team coaching, retreat, access to all program materials and webinars, and enrollment in the Leadership Learning Network (LLN) after completion of the program.
Applications are due Monday, October 3rd, 2022, 5 PM (PT)See More Information & Apply
Learn more: NLAPH 2023 Application Informational Webinars
Join us for an informational webinar on the application process for the National Leadership Academy for the Public's Health (NLAPH). NLAPH is a project of the Public Health Institute Center for Health Leadership & Impact. Register today for an information webinar on Thursday, September 8, 10:00 am AKT / 11:00 am PT / 12:00 pm MT / 1:00 pm CT / 2:00 pm ET. Register here.
More about NLAPH
Since 2012, the Leadership Academy for the Public’s Health (LAPH) has brought together leaders from multiple sectors including health, housing, education, transportation, and law enforcement to build their own capacity to transform their communities, improve health, and advance equity.
LAPH drives the adoption of evidence-based policies and practices into communities, better aligns community health resources, and ultimately improves health outcomes through sustainable policy and systems change.
- Provides ongoing training and support to leaders who work across multiple sectors to address community health issues.
- Improves the leadership team’s capacities to apply continuous quality improvement methodology to their work, measure progress of the projects, and document the impact of leadership development.
- Builds and supports the development of a community of multi-sector leadership learners using online technology and social media tools that will contribute to community health improvement goals and influence policy change.
Transforming communities through multi-sector leadership
The NLAPH approach to transforming communities into healthier environments emphasizes multi-sector leadership development.
Our unique, evidence-based leadership development program offers an innovative approach to collaborating across sectors, co-designing with communities, and creating sustainable change.
Learn through an Applied Health Leadership Project
With LAPH, your group will develop high-performing teamwork and communication skills while working on an issue that is already a priority in your community through an applied health leadership project.
Learning opportunities throughout the year include:
An engaging leadership retreat
Coaching support from national experts
Increase your mastery of key leadership competencies
Fellows will receive training and support to increase their mastery of the following competencies:
- Individual and team leadership principles
- The ability to work effectively across sectors
- Continuous quality improvement
- Using data to plan, evaluate, and monitor
- Systems and policy change
- Have one team member from a government public health office (state, local, or regional).
- Have funding and/or support for their current/proposed Applied Health Leadership Project (AHLP).
- Be committed to invest the necessary time to participate in the program.
- Participate in the full three-day retreat.
- Participate in monthly coach calls.
- Participate in a site visit with their coach.
- Meet regularly with their team to reflect and apply leadership learning in order to move their AHLP forward.
- Complete all program requirements (e.g., webinars, reports, tools, and evaluation activities) and engage in cross-team learning.
- Application submission deadline: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Decision date: Friday, October 28, 2022
- Launch webinar: November 16, 2022
- Retreat: March 13-16, 2023
- End of Program: October 2023
There is no fee for this program. For NLAPH, this applies to the initial four team members.
The National Leadership Academy for the Public’s Health (NLAPH) is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (CSTLTS).
This program was transformative for me and for our rural community. I credit it with opening doors to national funding opportunities such as the Robert Wood Johnson-funded “Raising Places” effort. It sparked an intellectual curiosity that has expanded my leadership capacity while also nurturing a deep-seated sense of joy and purpose. I can’t thank the Academy enough!NLAPH Cohort Fellow
Originally published by National Leadership Academy for the Public's Health