Join PHI for the 2020 North State ACEs Virtual Summit
Capacity Building & Leadership, Healthy Communities
Adverse Childhood Experiences, Violence Prevention
Population Health Innovation Lab (PHIL)
2020 North State ACEs Summit
Thu, September 17, 2020
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM PT
Join the Northern ACEs Collaborative (NAC), a division of the Population Health Innovation Lab (PHIL), a program of the Public Health Institute, for a memorable online and virtual experience at the first North State Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs) Virtual Summit on September 17th, 2020.
Many Northern California Counties are disproportionately affected by high Adverse Child Experience (ACE) scores relative to other regions in California. Domestic violence is an indicator in the ACE spectrum along with other Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) which play a critical role in healthy families.
The Population Health Innovation Lab (PHIL), a program of the Public Health Institute, supports Northern ACEs Collaborative (NAC) and act as the backbone, to support and enhance current activities in the six pilot target counties of: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Shasta, Tehama and Trinity. The focus is on identifying and addressing opportunities for policy and systems change that mitigate issues of trauma and domestic violence.
Virtual Summit Objectives
- Raise awareness of the disproportionate high rates of Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) scores in the North State of California
- Increase participant understanding of the effects of ACEs on individuals and communities leading to a more trauma informed region
- Provide a platform for relationship building through dialogue and information sharing
- Provide both short-term and long-term solutions to addressing ACEs and the linkages to the Social Determinants of Health
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in how ACEs affect families and communities
- Clinical Practitioners
- Domestic Violence Workers
- Education and Early Childhood Providers
- Organizations working in systems changes
- Public Health
- Social Services Providers
- Others interested in ACEs & trauma
- Indigenous Land Acknowledgement
- Dr. Mary Pittman, CEO, Public Health Institute
- Sue Grinnell, MPH, Director of Population Health Innovation Lab
- Dr. Marta Induni, Senior Director of Research, Public Health Institute
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, California Surgeon General
Panelist Discussion – Linkages between ACEs and Domestic Violence, Speakers TBA
Panelist Discussion – COVID and DV Panel – TBA
Panelist Discussion – Northern ACEs Collaborative – TBA
Panelist Discussion- Health Plans and Providers – How they are addressing ACEs – TBA
Closing speaker – Becky Haas, National Author and Speaker, “Building a Trauma Informed Community”
For questions or to become a sponsor for this highly visible event, please contact Lisa Tadlock, NAC Director at Lisa.Tadlock@phi.org .
For a scholarship opportunity to attend the event please visit our application link here.
Visit www.northernaces.org for more information.
Work With Us
You change the world. We do the rest. Explore fiscal sponsorship at PHI.
Together, we can accelerate our response to public health’s most critical issues.
Begin your career at the Public Health Institute.