Improving Population Health by Working with Communities: Action Guide 3.0
- Steven Teutsch
The Action Guide is a framework to help multi-sector groups work together to improve population health by addressing 10 interrelated elements for success and using the related resources as needed. Like a “how-to” manual, the Action Guide is organized by these 10 elements and contains definitions, recommendations, practical examples, and a range of resources to help communities achieve their shared goals and make lasting improvements in population health. It is intentionally brief and written in plain language to be as accessible as possible for all types of stakeholders at the local, state, regional, and national levels to take action.
Improving Population Health by Working with Communities: Final Action Guide 3.0 was released by the National Quality Forum. The Population Health Framework Committee was co-chaired by PHI Senior Fellow Steven Teutsch.
The 10 Elements include:
- Collaborative Self-Assessment
- Leadership Across the Region and Within Organizations
- Audience-Specific Strategic Communication
- A Community Health Needs Assessment and Asset Mapping Process
- An Organizational Planning and Priority-Setting Process
- An Agreed-Upon, Prioritized Set of Health Improvement Activities
- Selection and Use of Measures and Performance Targets
- Joint Reporting on Progress Toward Achieving Intended Results
- Indications of Scalability
- A Plan for Sustainability