Register: 2022 Region IX ADA Coordinator Network Summit
Capacity Building & Leadership, Disability Rights
Coalition & Network Building
Pacific ADA Center
2022 Region IX ADA Coordinator Network Summit
September 15-16, 2022
In person: Renaissance LAX Hotel in Los Angeles, CA
Online: Via Zoom
Join PHI’s Pacific ADA Center at the Region IX ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Coordinator Network Summit, a unique opportunity to network with other ADA Coordinators from throughout Region IX (which covers Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and the Pacific Basin). The event will allow attendees to exchange ideas and contact information, learn best practices and to support one another.
Participants can attend in person or online via Zoom; individuals attending in person will be required to follow the conference’s safety and health protocols.
The registration fee is $275, and registration closes on September 1st, 2022.
Speaker & Session Information
Keynote Presentation by John Wodatch, Senior Disability Policy Advisor at the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Former Chief of U.S. Department of Justice Disability Rights Section
Informational Sessions by Top Subject Matter Experts:
- Overview of Applicable Federal and State Laws
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Title II Enforcement
- Public Housing Accessibility
- Emergency Management and the ADA
- Employment Basics under ADA Title I
- Public Rights of Way Accessibility
- Law Enforcement and the ADA
Interactive Workshops with Experienced ADA Coordinators:
- Engaging Your Entity and the Disability Community in Your Area
- Completing Transition Plans and Title II Action Plans
- How to Read Architectural Plans and Comment on Accessibility
- Doing an Accessibility Field Review
Real-time Captioning will be provided. Requests for Sign Language Interpreters, Braille Agendas and Assistive Listening Systems must be received by September 1, 2022.
Learn more about the Conference, including required health and safety protocols, and the full agenda with detailed speaker and session information.
Work With Us
You change the world. We do the rest. Explore fiscal sponsorship at PHI.
Together, we can accelerate our response to public health’s most critical issues.
Begin your career at the Public Health Institute.