Register: Building Community Resilience Against the Health Effects of Wildfires and Air Pollution
Building Community Resilience Against the Health Effects of Wildfires and Air Pollution
September 8, 2022; 1-2pm PTRegister Here
Join PHI’s Dr. Gina Solomon and Dr. Paul English, along with speakers from Americares, Stanford University, UCSF and Google, for a webinar discussion exploring the impact of wildfires and air pollution on the health of communities in the United States.
The discussion, co-hosted by the Bay Area Global Health Alliance and Americares, will highlight the most important concerns in this space and each panelist will share how their organization is working to build resilience, support preparedness/disaster management efforts, and address the health inequities resulting from climate change.
At this virtual event, attendees will have the opportunity to learn from leading experts in climate health, contribute ideas, and leave with action items to further climate resilience in their communities.
- Kristin Stevens – Director, Climate and Disaster Resilience, Americares
- Lisa Patel, MD, MESc – Clinical Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Deputy Executive Director, Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health, Stanford University
- Gina Solomon – Principal Investigator, Public Health Institute; Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Paul B. English, PhD, MPH – Director, Tracking California, Public Health Institute
- Ruha Devanesan – Strategic Partnerships Lead, Search Trust Product Partnerships at Google
- Alexandra Destler – Regional Director, Northern CA, Americares
- Sara Anderson – Executive Director, Bay Area Global Health Alliance
Work With Us
You change the world. We do the rest. Explore fiscal sponsorship at PHI.
Together, we can accelerate our response to public health’s most critical issues.
Begin your career at the Public Health Institute.