Webinar: “Partnering with Communities to Navigate Equitable Access to COVID-19 Vaccines”
Working Together: Partnering with Communities to Navigate Equitable Access to COVID-19 Vaccines
Thursday March 25, 2021 | 1:00–2:00 PM ETRegister here
The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccines offers a big dose of hope toward ending the pandemic that has wreaked havoc on the nation. But for many underserved communities—some of the hardest hit by the pandemic—accessing those vaccines remains a challenge all its own.
At this event, presenters will discuss their work with Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), as they collaborate on ways to navigate what can be a difficult path toward getting shots in arms. And they will share strategies to address the concerns and needs of communities, and to overcome the challenges of getting people vaccinated.
- Dr. Lisa Waddell, chief medical officer, CDC Foundation
- Susan Watson, program director of the Public Health Institute’s “Together Toward Health” initiative
- Veronica Garibay-Gonzalez, co-executive director at the Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability
- Denise Smith, founding executive director of the National Association of Community Health Workers
- Fiorella Horna Hernandez, COVID-19 Latino outreach project leader, El Centro Hispano
This webinar is part of a CDC Foundation special series specifically tailored to CBOs and their partners.