Webinar: “Partnering with Communities to Navigate Equitable Access to COVID-19 Vaccines”
Capacity Building & Leadership, Communicable Disease Prevention
Together Toward Health
Working Together: Partnering with Communities to Navigate Equitable Access to COVID-19 Vaccines
Thursday March 25, 2021 | 1:00–2:00 PM ETRegister here
The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccines offers a big dose of hope toward ending the pandemic that has wreaked havoc on the nation. But for many underserved communities—some of the hardest hit by the pandemic—accessing those vaccines remains a challenge all its own.
At this event, presenters will discuss their work with Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), as they collaborate on ways to navigate what can be a difficult path toward getting shots in arms. And they will share strategies to address the concerns and needs of communities, and to overcome the challenges of getting people vaccinated.
- Dr. Lisa Waddell, chief medical officer, CDC Foundation
- Susan Watson, program director of the Public Health Institute’s “Together Toward Health” initiative
- Veronica Garibay-Gonzalez, co-executive director at the Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability
- Denise Smith, founding executive director of the National Association of Community Health Workers
- Fiorella Horna Hernandez, COVID-19 Latino outreach project leader, El Centro Hispano
This webinar is part of a CDC Foundation special series specifically tailored to CBOs and their partners.
Work With Us
You change the world. We do the rest. Explore fiscal sponsorship at PHI.
Together, we can accelerate our response to public health’s most critical issues.
Begin your career at the Public Health Institute.