Join Mary Pittman Virtually at Kaiser’s “Public Health and the Delivery System: Vital Connections”
Capacity Building & Leadership, Chronic Disease Prevention, Communicable Disease Prevention, Health Care & Population Health, Healthy Communities
Population Health, Workforce Development
Coalition & Network Building, Leadership Development
COVID-19, Vaccine Access & Equity
Public Health and the Delivery System: Vital Connections
November 29 & December 2, 2021Register
How are public health department and delivery system leaders successfully navigating the pandemic response? How can we support an effective public health system, now and for the future?
Join us for a two part virtual forum from Kaiser Permanente’s Institute for Health Policy, featuring Dr. Mary Pittman, President and CEO of the Public Health Institute; Greg A. Adams, CEO of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan; Anthony A. Barrueta, Senior Vice President of Government Relations for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and PHI Board member, and more.
In this forum series, participants and panelists will:
- Discuss opportunities to strengthen partnerships and collaboration between public health and the broader health care delivery system.
- Identify the barriers public health and delivery system leaders face – including financial, workforce, and infrastructure challenges – and discuss ways to ensure a well-financed and supported public health system in the future.
- Lift up promising policy solutions to promote and improve our public health system in ways that address public health needs and advance health equity.
Part 1: Public Health and the Delivery System: Navigating the Pandemic Response
Monday, November 29 from 10am – 11:15am PT
Speakers will elevate perspectives from public health department and delivery system leaders to gain a clearer understanding of their experiences and lessons learned responding to the pandemic.
Part 2: Public Health and the Delivery System: Building a Stronger System for the Future
Thursday, December 2 from 10:30am – 11:45am PT
Building off the perspectives elevated in part 1, panelists will focus on how we build a stronger system in the future that improves the public’s health in an equitable way, both in public health emergencies and in the longer term. Featuring PHI President and CEO Dr. Mary Pittman.
- Greg A. Adams, Chair and CEO of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Hospitals
- John Auerbach, MBA, CDC Director of Intergovernmental and Strategic Affairs
- Anthony A. Barrueta, JD, Senior Vice President of Government Relations for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Hospitals
- Jeffery Duchin, MD, Health Officer for Public Health – Seattle & King County
- Cecilia Oregón, MPP, MPH, Executive Director for Kaiser Permanente’s Institute for Health Policy
- Stephen Parodi, MD, Executive Vice President of External Affairs, Communications, and Brand at The Permanente Federation
- Mary A. Pittman, DrPH, Chief Executive Officer and President of the Public Health Institute
- Megan Ranney, MD, Warren Alpert Endowed Professor of Emergency Medicine at Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Founding Director of the Brown-Lifespan Center for Digital Health
- Mysheika W. Roberts, MD, MPH, Health Commissioner at Columbus Public Health
- Lauren Smith, MD, MPH, Chief Health Equity and Strategy Officer for the CDC Foundation