Outreach & Dissemination
The Public Health Institute is dedicated to lifting up public health best practices, while actively cultivating an engaged community of public health experts who are working across all fields to improve health and equity outcomes in communities across the world.
Through our Dialogue4Health (D4H) initiative, PHI hosts and manages an online learning community that conceives, builds, and shares strategies to improve the public’s health. We partner with local, national and global organizations to host Web Forums, helping grow the reach and efficacy of dissemination efforts, and sharing critical resources with public health practitioners.
Our expertise includes:
- Get your resources into the right hands: Work with us to design and manage a tailored Web Forum that lifts up your experts, shares public health successes, and explores critical lessons-learned. Share new briefs, reports, and case studies with our growing online community of public health practitioners and advocates.
- Develop online learning curricula: Our experts bring years of best practice in developing learning modules and Web Forum curricula, and are available to help you create a targeted, impactful experience for your Web Forum participants.
- Explore cutting edge public health issues: Use our Web Forum capacity to create a discussion-based learning session that engages with hundreds of public health experts to cull best practices, lessons-learned, and insights from the field.
- Promote your materials: Using our D4H online community platform, social media tools, and blog, we can promote your new and existing resources and assets.
- Technical support and assistance: Our experts are available to handle all the behind-the-scenes logistics and technical support to ensure that your Web Forum runs smoothly.
HOW CAN WE WORK TOGETHER? SEND US AN EMAIL.
if($service['resources_tools']) : ?>
Resources and Tools
- Dialogue4Health Web Forum: Healthy Eating and Active Living: Community Transformation Grant Successes and Lessons Learned
- Dialogue4Health Web Forum Series: Making Data Work for the Public's Health
- Dialogue4Health Web Forum: New Funding Opportunity: Improving the Mental Health and Wellbeing of U.S. Men and Boys
Tomás A. Magaña
Denise Raquel Dunning
Here's How We're Making a Difference
Amplifying Cutting-Edge Public Health Thinking and Luminary Voices
Dialogue4Health hosts curated conversations that allow public health leaders to explore their experiences with a particular topic. D4H uses both Web Forum technology and video to showcase the familiarity, warmth, and excitement that these in-person conversations can achieve.
Our web forum on sustainable financial models for improving population health showcased a conversation between PHI CEO Mary Pittman and leading expert Jim Hester, on emerging payment mechanisms for advancing public health efforts at the population level, and the role that public health can play in supporting and accelerating the transition to community population health systems. Read a summary of the conversation.
Building an Online Learning Community of Engaged Health Practitioners
Our online workshops and webinars unite organizations, communities, and individuals in conversation about the public's health. Our first Dialogue4Health Web Forum, back in 2008, was born from months of planning, deliberation, design, and testing. Now with years of experience behind us and an international community of practitioners, policy makers, researchers and activists at our side, we have a jam-packed calendar of live events, social networking, and an ever-expanding resource library.
Our presence and our platform are growing immensely, but our purpose remains true to our first forum: we are devoted to connecting the practice of public health to partners in other sectors who have the power to deeply influence health outcomes. Today, we've hosted over 200 Web Forums with over 44,000 attendees.if($topics_list) : ?>