#VaxEquityThurs: Lifting Up What Works
How can public health and medical practitioners partner with communities to address the systemic, structural challenges that prevent people from accessing vaccines? What are best practices to build relationships and trust with local experts, organizations and networks in order to find creative solutions to bring down barriers?
Join PHI on Twitter each Thursday at 10am PT / 1pm ET for #VaxEquityThurs, an interactive online conversation where we’ll be sharing proven strategies and guidance on how you can boost vaccine equity in your community.
We know that successful efforts are community-driven, culturally-resonant and led by trusted experts and networks. Pulled from on-the-ground experiences, these lessons-learned will lift up local voices and experiences to provide ideas and inspiration that can support equitable vaccination roll-out—with an emphasis on working collaboratively alongside communities most impacted by COVID-19.
Missed an earlier conversation? Catch up on all our #VaxEquityThurs Twitter threads:
- Strategy: Provide on-site ASL interpreters and ensure easy access to interpreting app devices as a back-up option
- Strategy: Integrate a trauma-informed approach to vaccine distribution efforts
- Strategy: Create and distribute materials in primary languages
- Strategy: Create gender-affirming spaces for transgender, gender nonconforming and gender nonbinary people
- Strategy: Use a ‘truth sandwich’ to answer questions about breakthrough infections
- Strategy: Schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments for the non-tech savvy
- Strategy: Bring vaccine clinics directly to workplaces
Bringing Down Barriers to Vaccine Equity
Explore tools, resources and best practices from PHI and programs to support your community's efforts in addressing barriers in accessing vaccines—including ease of access, a desire for more and culturally-relevant information, and the need to hear from a trusted messenger.